Australian quilters have the opportunity to enter the World Quilt Competition and have their work tour in the United States to quilt shows run by Mancuso Show Management. Accepted entries will premiere at the World Quilt Show – New England XIII (13-15 August 2015).
The entry form will be posted on this website in early 2015. The closing date for entries is 18 May 2015.
Congratulations to all the entrants and to the winners of the 2014 World Quilt Competition XVIII including the following Australian prize winners:
- Best of Country (Australia): Bernardine Hine Coreopsis
- Best Machine Workmanship: Innovative: Susan Mathews Coastal Life 2
- Honourable Mention: Traditional: Linda Steele Christmas Crazy
- Honourable Mention: Innovative: Lucy Carroll Soldier On
View the 2014 World Quilt Competition Prize Winners Gallery.
Download the 2014 World Quilt Competition XVII Winners List.
- 18 May 2015 Entry Form Submission: The entry form, a business-size self addressed stamped envelope, .jpg images and an A$20 non-refundable entry fee for each item entered must be submitted and postmarked no later than May 19, 2014. The online entry form (including entries by e-mail) closed at midnight (Australian Eastern Standard time), 19 May 2014.
- # June 2015 Notification & Instructions: Notification of the decision of Jurors and instructions for quilt shipment will be sent to selected entrants by # June 2015.
- # July 2015 Delivery of Quilts: All accepted entries must be shipped or delivered to the Australian Coordinator at PO Box 4033, Copacabana NSW 2251 together with payment of A$40 per quilt.
- January 2016: Quilts will be return shipped from the United States.
Please direct any queries to the Australian Coordinator, Brenda Gael Smith at email@example.com