Australian quilters have the opportunity to enter the World Quilt Competition and have their work tour in the United States to quilt shows run by Mancuso Show Management. Accepted entries will premiere at the World Quilt New England.
The entry form will be available in February 2017. Entries close on 15 May 2017.
Innovative & Traditional entries compete for over US$10,0000 in cash, prizes & awards including:
- Best of World $2000
- Innovative: 1st: $700, 2nd:$500, 3rd:$300
- Innovative: Best Use of Colour: $150, Best Hand Workmanship: $150, Best Machine Workmanship:$150
- Traditional: 1st: $700, 2nd: $500, 3rd: $300
- Traditional: Best Use of Colour: $150, Best Hand Workmanship: $150, Best Machine Workmanship: $150
- Best of Country $400 (must be at least 10 entries from the country)
- Viewer’s Choice $200
Many countries are represented including Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom & the United States. (A country must have ten entries to qualify for the Best of Country award.)
- Best of Country Australia: Yvonne Chapman True Blue Mates
- Honourable Mention Traditional: Jan Frazer Persian Panoply
- Honourable Mention Innovative: Cathy Jack Coupland Foliata
- National Association of Certified Quilt Judges Merit Ribbon: Cindy Watkins Gathered Consciousness
View all the prize winners at www.quiltfest.com.
2016 Contest Calendar
- 16 May 2016 Entry Form Submission: The online entry form (including entries by e-mail) closes at midnight (Australian Eastern Standard time), 16 May 2015. For postal submissions, the entry form, a business-size self addressed stamped envelope, .jpg images and an A$20 non-refundable entry fee for each item entered must be submitted and postmarked no later than 16 May, 2015
- 17 June 2016 Notification & Instructions: Notification of the decision of Jurors and instructions for quilt shipment will be sent to selected entrants by 17 June 2016.
- 6 July 2016 Delivery of Quilts: All accepted entries must be shipped or delivered to the Australian Coordinator at PO Box 4033, Copacabana NSW 2251 together with payment of A$40 per quilt. Payment may be made by cheque, direct deposit or credit card (via PayPal)
- Early 2017 Return of Quilts: Quilts will be return shipped from US within 20 days of completion of their US tour, in January 2017. Arrival times will vary due to shipping and customs procedures,
Please direct any queries to the Australian Coordinator, Brenda Gael Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org