Australian quilters have the opportunity to enter the World Quilt Competition XIX and have their work tour in the United States to quilt shows run by Mancuso Show Management. Accepted entries will premiere at the World Quilt Show – New England XIII (13-15 August 2015).
Entries can be submitted online, by e-mail or by post.
The closing date for entries is 18 May 2015.
Innovative & traditional entries compete for over US$10,000 in cash, prizes & awards including Best of World, Best Use of Colour, Best Traditional, Best Innovative, Best of Country & Viewer’s Choice.
Many countries are represented including Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom & the United States. (A country must have ten entries to qualify for the Best of Country award.)
In 2014, prizes were awarded to:
- Best of Country (Australia): Bernardine Hine Coreopsis
- Best Machine Workmanship: Innovative: Susan Mathews Coastal Life 2
- Honourable Mention: Traditional: Linda Steele Christmas Crazy
- Honourable Mention: Innovative: Lucy Carroll Soldier On
How to enter
- Submit the World Quilt Competition 2015 Australian Online Entry Form (in conjunction with the Contest Rules); OR
- Download, complete and return the World Quilt Competition 2015 Entry Form – Australian Edition (PDF) by e-mail or post.
Your entry form will not be processed unless payment of the non-refundable A$20 entry form is received by the closing date. Payment may be made by:
- Direct Deposit: contact the Australian Coordinator for account details; OR
- Cheque payable to Brenda Gael Smith and forwarded to PO Box 4033, Copacabana NSW 2251; OR
- Credit card/PayPal (no PayPal account required)
- 18 May 2015 Entry Form Submission: The online entry form (including entries by e-mail) closes at midnight (Australian Eastern Standard time), 18 May 2015. For postal submissions, the entry form, a business-size self addressed stamped envelope, .jpg images and an A$20 non-refundable entry fee for each item entered must be submitted and postmarked no later than 18 May, 20145
- 19 June 2015 Notification & Instructions: Notification of the decision of Jurors and instructions for quilt shipment will be sent to selected entrants by 19 June 2015.
- 6 July 2015 Delivery of Quilts: All accepted entries must be shipped or delivered to the Australian Coordinator at PO Box 4033, Copacabana NSW 2251 together with payment of A$40 per quilt.
- Early 2016 Return of Quilts: Quilts will be return shipped from US within 20 days of completion of their US tour, in January 2016. Arrival times will vary due to shipping and customs procedures.
Please direct any queries to the Australian Coordinator, Brenda Gael Smith at email@example.com
Special Note for Sydney Quilt Show Entrants
If you would like Brenda Gael Smith to collect your entry after the Sydney Quilt Show this year to send onto the World Quilt Competition, please sure to include a note to the Guild with your entry. There’s a special comments section at the end of the Sydney Quilt Show online entry form. Entries for the Sydney Quilt Show close on 13 March 2015.