Australian quilters have the opportunity to enter the World Quilt Competition and have their work tour in the United States to quilt shows run by Mancuso Show Management. Accepted entries will premiere at the World Quilt New England (18-20 August 2016).
How to Enter
Entries can be submitted via the Online Entry Form. Alternatively, download, complete and return the World Quilt Competition 2016 Entry Form – Australian Edition (PDF) by e-mail or post.
Be aware that your quilt must be at least 1296 square inches (eg 36x36cm) and completed in 2014, 2015 or 2016. See the Contest Rules for more information.
The closing date for entries is 16 May 2016.
Innovative & Traditional entries compete for over US$9,500 in cash, prizes & awards including:
- Best of World $2000
- Innovative: 1st:$700, 2nd:$500, 3rd:$300
- Innovative: Best Use of Colour:$150, Best Hand Workmanship:$150, Best Machine Workmanship:$150
- Traditional: 1st:$700, 2nd:$500, 3rd:$300
- Traditional: Best Use of Colour:$150, Best Hand Workmanship:$150, Best Machine Workmanship:$150
- Best of Country $400 (must be at least 10 entries from the country)
- Viewer’s Choice $200
Many countries are represented including Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom & the United States. (A country must have ten entries to qualify for the Best of Country award.)
- Best of Country (Australia): Belinda Betts Data Garden
- Best Machine Workmanship (Innovative): Sue de Vanny Tram Route No 10
- Third Prize (Innovative): Lois Parish-Evans Leafy Sea Dragon
- Honourable Mention (Innovative): Neroli Henderson Coco (The Quilt)
- Best Use of Colour (Innovative): Margaret McDonald Unified
2016 Contest Calendar
- 16 May 2016 Entry Form Submission: The online entry form (including entries by e-mail) closes at midnight (Australian Eastern Standard time), 16 May 2015. For postal submissions, the entry form, a business-size self addressed stamped envelope, .jpg images and an A$20 non-refundable entry fee for each item entered must be submitted and postmarked no later than 16 May, 2015
- 17 June 2016 Notification & Instructions: Notification of the decision of Jurors and instructions for quilt shipment will be sent to selected entrants by 17 June 2016.
- 6 July 2016 Delivery of Quilts: All accepted entries must be shipped or delivered to the Australian Coordinator at PO Box 4033, Copacabana NSW 2251 together with payment of A$40 per quilt. Payment may be made by cheque, direct deposit or credit card (via PayPal)
- Early 2017 Return of Quilts: Quilts will be return shipped from US within 20 days of completion of their US tour, in January 2017. Arrival times will vary due to shipping and customs procedures.