These contest rules apply to the 2017 World Quilt Competition Australian Entry Form:
- The World Quilt Competition is open to all, but entries must be the work of the person or group applying to the competition. Limit two entries per person or group. Family members and permanent employees of show management or sponsors are not eligible. Quilts must be constructed and quilted by the person(s) named on the entry form.
- Only quilts and wall quilts are eligible. Entry must be quilted either by hand or machine (any brand sewing machine). No kits or tied quilts.
- SIZE: Entries must be no smaller than 1,296 square inches and no larger than 11,600 square inches. To calculate square inches multiply the length of quilt in inches by the width of the quilt in inches.
- Entries must have been completed in 2015, 2016, or 2017 and be in excellent condition. Quilts submitted to prior World Quilt Competitions are not eligible.
- Each entry must have a 4 inch sleeve casing as well as a cloth label with the name, address and telephone number of the entrant sewn securely to the back.
- Ship the entry(ies) in a secure carton. Place the item(s) in a sturdy plastic bag. Please do not use Styrofoam or cellulose peanuts. Put name, address and phone number on each bag. The original carton will be used to return the item(s). Please remove all old labels from the carton prior to shipping.
- All international entries must be available for display at the World Quilt New England, the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza, QuiltFest Oasis Palm Springs, the Pacific International Quilt Festival and World Quilt Florida through January 2018.
- All quilts entered and accepted must be shipped through the National Competition Coordinator together with payment of A$40 in accordance with the Coordinator’s instructions. All quilts shipped to the Festival through the National Competition Coordinator must be return shipped to the same National Competition Coordinator.
- If accepted, images and photographs taken become the property of World Quilt Show/Mancuso Show Management for publicity and/or publication use.
- Prize winners will be notified within thirty (30) days of close of the World Quilt New England. Viewer’s Choice will be presented at the close of World Quilt New England.
- Filing of your signed entry form, or submitting the online entry form, signifies agreement with these conditions.
- “Best of Country” will only be awarded to quilters whose country has 10 or more quilts entered into this competition.
- Quilts awarded Best of World, 1st, 2nd or 3rd Place Traditional or 1st, 2nd or 3rd Place Innovative will not be eligible for Best of Country Awards.
- Traditional and innovative refer to design, not to construction techniques. Innovative entries should emphasize innovation in design.
- The maximum insurance value is US$3000. Quilts are not covered for flood and earthquake. Any entry valued at more than US$1,000 must be accompanied by an acceptable insurance appraisal with the entry form.
- All images and entry forms are forwarded to the United States for jurying.
There is a non-refundable fee of A$20 per entry. If your quilt is selected, there is an A$40 fee to cover return shipping. Payment may be made by credit card/PayPal, direct deposit or cheque.
- 15 May 2017 Entry Form Submission: The entry form, a business-size self addressed stamped envelope, .jpg images and an A$20 non-refundable entry fee for each item entered must be submitted and postmarked no later than 15 May 2017. The online entry form (including entries by e-mail) closes at midnight (Australian Eastern Standard time), 15 May 2017.
- 16 June 2017 Notification & Instructions: Notification of the decision of Jurors and instructions for quilt shipment will be sent to selected entrants by 16 June 2017.
- 7 July 2017 Delivery of Quilts: All accepted entries must be shipped or delivered by this date to the Australian Coordinator at PO Box 4033, Copacabana NSW 2251 together with payment of A$40.
Quilts will be returned via designated carrier only. Quilts will be insured for US$1000 on return shipping. Quilts will be return shipped in January 2018.